Quick & Better 123.hp.com/oj4655 Setup Guide
The 123.hp.com/oj4655 printers were designed to cater to home and home office printing. It is an inkjet printer, scanner, copier and fax machine all rolled into one. The design is compact and rounded at the edges and has a pull out paper tray that helps reduce the printer footprint.
SETTING UP HP 4655 PRINTER
- Unbox the printer and remove all the tapes and safe packing.
- Remove the plastic film from around the printer and connect the power cord.
- Connect the printer to the Internet either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Fill both the paper trays.
- Configure the 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer. Follow the on screen instructions to choose language, region and time.
- Install the ink cartridges. After this follow the on screen instructions for printer calibration.
- If necessary adjust the printer display screen to a more convenient angle.
How to Install HP 4655 DRIVER?
- Go to 123.HP.com website.
- Enter your HP Officejet 4655 Printer model and click Begin for your Driver to Download.
- Click Download, then Open, Save or Run on the window that displays, to download the driver.
- Double click on the driver file downloaded to your computer to launch the installation.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the connection setup and the driver installation.
- Now return to 123.HP.com on your browser to complete your 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer registration and activation.
Get the Latest HP 4655 Printer Driver & Manual
SETTING UP HP OFFICEJET 4655 WIRELESS NETWORK
Now follow the instructions below to connect your printer wirelessly to the network.
What you need?
- A wireless network and a computer connected to it.
- Your network name which is the SSID.
- Network Passphrase.
- A broadband Internet access.
- A printer capable of wireless connection.
- An USB cable.
- Power up your 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer. On the control panel which is the LCD screen you’ll find the setup icon.
- On the network menu select the wireless setup wizard.
- Select your wireless network and enter the password.
- After your printer connects to this network print a test document to confirm.
SETTING UP HP OFFICEJET 4655 INK CARTRIDGES
An ink cartridge contains ink (B/W or color) that gets deposited on the paper, which is being printed. It is imperative to check the ink cartridge levels every now and then. Click on the Ink icon from the home screen of the printer control number. To check the ink level from the printer software, go to HP print software and select the Estimated Ink Levels option.
- Gently open the cartridge access door, and wait for the printer to display, “The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it’s completely closed,” on the printer’s control panel.
- Users can find the Change 123.hp.com/oj4655 Ink option in the bottom right corner, of the home screen. If needed, select the option and find several videos on installing ink cartridges.
- Unpack the cartridges and remove the orange color protective tape.
- Slide the cartridge slowly until it snaps into place. Similarly, insert the tri-color and black cartridges in the left and right slot respectively.
- Close the access door and click OK on the home screen.
- Now, the printer aligns and calibrates the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
- In case, the printer doesn’t print an alignment page, click Setup on the Control Panel. Go to HP Officejet 4655 Printer Maintenance and click Align Printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and Click OK.
CONFIGURING HP OFFICEJET 4655 PRINTER FUNCTIONS
HOW TO PRINT?
Printing documents and photos on HP Officejet is an easy process. To attain desired results, users can go to Settings, and change requirements.
To print a document of your choice, open the required document, and Click on File. Select Print from the drop down list or press Ctrl +P. Users can change available settings and Click OK.
HOW TO COPY?
HP Officejet printer lets you copy documents in black or color. The paper size, color and resolution can be changed according to your 123.hp.com/oj4655 requirement.
- Place the original print side facing upwards into the document holder or place it down on the scanner glass’s right front corner.
- Click on COPY on the Home Screen. Specify the number of copies to be printed.
- Click on Settings to select paper size, type and quality.
- Now, specify the color (Black or Color) in which you want your document to be printed.
HOW TO SCAN?
SCAN TO A COMPUTER:
- Load the original document, print side down, into the ADF or, place it on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Select SCAN and select Computer.
- Select Document Type, to select the type of document you want to save.
- Select Start Scan.
How to enable the Scan to a computer feature?
- Windows 8.1: On the lower left corner of the Start screen, choose the down arrow, select the printer’s name and then choose on Utilities.
- Windows 8: Right choose on an empty area on the Start task bar and choose All Apps on the app bar. Now, select the printer’s name and choose on Utilities.
- Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 7: Choose on Start from the desktop and choose on the following. All Programs -> HP -> Folder of your printer.
- After performing any of the above mentioned steps, select Manage Scan to Computer in the HP Officejet 4655 Printer Scan section.
For Mac operating systems:
- Open HP Utitlity.
- Choose Scan to Computer under Scan settings.
- Select Enable Scan to Computer.
SCAN TO EMAIL:
Automatically send scanned photos and documents to one or more email addresses directly from the printer control panel.
Step 1: Prepare for the scan job
- Make sure that the printer is switched on and connected to your local wireless network with an active Internet connection. Select the Wireless icon on the printer control panel to check the connection status.
- Select the Web Services icon to confirm that 123.hp.com/oj4655 Web Services is activated on your printer.
Step 2: Set up the Scan to Email profile
- On the printer control panel, select the Scan icon and then select Email.
- On the welcome screen, select Continue.
- Select inside the Email: box, type in your email address, and then select Done.
- Select Continue.
- A PIN is sent to the email address you entered. Select Continue.
- Select PIN, enter the PIN you received in your email, and then select Done.
- Select Store Email or Auto-login, depending on how you want the printer to store your login information.
Step 3: Load the photo or document
You can scan from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray.
- Press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Load the picture or document.
Step 4: Scan the item
- Select your scan type and enter the email address you want to send the scan to.
- On the printer control panel, select the Scan icon and then select Email.
- On the HP Officejet 4655 Printer control panel display, select the account that you want to use, and then select Continue.
- Select the name of the email profile that you created, enter the password if prompted, and then scan the item.
SETTING UP HP OFFICEJET 4655 FAX CONNECTION
Certain models of HP Officejet printers support sending and receiving faxes. One of the advantages with this 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer is that the user can even schedule the faxes to the numbers that are stored in the phone books. How to fax a document from Control Panel?
- Place the original print side facing upwards into the paper tray or place it down on the scanner glass’s right front corner.
- From the control panel display, click on Fax and then select Send Now.
- Enter the fax number to which you want to send the document.
- According to your need, select Black or Color from the options.
How to fax a document from Computer?
Before trying to fax a document to the sender, ensure that you have driver installed on your computer. Make sure you have a working telephone line along with proper fax set-up.
- Open the document that needs to be faxed. From the file menu, click on Print option or press Ctrl+P from your keyboard.
- The name list dialogue box opens.
- Click on the printer that has ‘fax’ in its name.
- To change the 123.hp.com/oj4655 properties of the faxed document, select the icon that opens the Properties or Preferences or Printer Setup dialogue box. Click OK.
- Select Print or OK for the document to be faxed.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number and click Send Now.