Smart Guide to Setup 123.hp.com/oj100 Printer
Unboxing HP Officejet 100 Printer
- Unbox the 123.hp.com/oj100 printer and remove all the tapes and safe packing.
- Remove the plastic film from around the printer and connect the power cord. Connect the printer to the Internet either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable. Fill both the paper trays.Configure the printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to choose language, region and time. Install the ink cartridges. After this follow the on-screen instructions for printer calibration.
- If necessary adjust the printer display screen to a more convenient angle.
Driver Installation for HP Officejet 100
- Go to 123.HP.com Enter your printer model and click Begin for your HP Officejet model Driver Download.
- Click Download, then Open, Save or Run on the window that displays, to download the driver.
- Double click on the driver file downloaded to your computer to launch the installation.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the connection setup and the driver installation.
- Now return to HP Officejet 100 Setup on your browser to complete your printer registration and activation.
How to Setup HP Officejet 100 Printer?
HP Officejet 100 of printers were designed to cater to home and home office printing. It is an inkjet printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine all rolled into one. The design is compact and rounded at the edges and has a pull-out paper tray that helps reduce the printer footprint.
How to Install Ink Cartridges HP OJ100 Printer?
An ink cartridge contains ink (B/W or color) that gets deposited on the paper, which is being printed. It is imperative to check the ink cartridge levels every now and then. Click on the Ink icon from the home screen of the printer control number. To check the ink level from the printer software, go to HP print software and select the Estimated Ink Levels option.
INK CARTRIDGES SETUP:
- Gently open the cartridge access door, and wait for the 123.hp.com/oj100 printer to display, “The cover or door must be closed to print.
- Check that it’s completely closed,” on the printer’s control panel. Users can find the Change Ink option in the bottom right corner, of the home screen.
- If needed, select the option and find several videos on installing ink cartridges.
- Unpack the cartridges and remove the orange colour protective tape.
- Slide the cartridge slowly until it snaps into place. Similarly, insert the tri-colour and black cartridges in the left and right slot respectively.
- Close the access door and click OK on the home screen.
- Now, the printer aligns and calibrates the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
- In case, the printer doesn’t print an alignment page, click Setup on the Control Panel. Go to Printer Maintenance and click Align Printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and Click OK.
Setting Up Wireless Connection on HP 100
Now follow the instructions below to connect your HP Officejet 100 Setup wirelessly to the network What you need:
- A wireless network and a computer connected to it.
- Your network name which is the SSID Network Passphrase of a broadband Internet access to the 123.hp.com/oj100 printer capable of wireless connection the USB cable.
- Power up your printer. On the control panel which is the LCD screen you’ll find the setup icon.
- On the network menu select the wireless setup wizard.
- Select your wireless network and enter the password.
- After your printer connects to this network print a test document to confirm.
- The printer, router and the computer should all be switched on
- The computer should be connected to the same wireless network to which the printer is to be connected
- The printer should be placed near the computer during installation
- Any USB or Ethernet cables should be disconnected from the printer.
Printer Functions for HP Officejet 100 Printer
HOW TO PRINT?
- Printing documents and photos on HP Officejet is an easy process. To attain desired results, users can go to Settings, and change requirements.
- To print a document of your choice, open the required document, and Click on File. Select Print from the drop down list or press Ctrl +P.
- Users can change available settings and Click OK.
HOW TO COPY?
Insert the paper, print side facing downwards, in to the main input tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides in the tray such that they do not crush or bend the paper. Now reinsert the tray.
- Adjust the output tray extension by pulling it out, to suit the paper size you use.
- To copy a photo, use the scanner glass as the document feeder might ruin it. The photo should be placed face down on the scanner glass.
- From the 123.hp.com/oj100 printer control panel touch COPY and select the number of copies required.
- Select the copy color and start COPY.
NOTE: For single sided or double sided copy, select the appropriate option from the printer front panel; after you select the number of pages.
HOW TO FAX?
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the printer’s adapter.
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your HP printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT. Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the HP Officejet 100 Setup printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.
HOW TO SCAN?
SCAN TO A COMPUTER:
- Load the original document, print side down, into the ADF or, place it on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Select SCAN and select Computer.
- Select Document Type, to select the type of document you want to save.
- Select Start Scan.
How to enable the Scan to a computer feature?
- For Windows: Usually, the scan to 123.hp.com/oj100 computer feature is by default enabled. If the option is disabled, then follow the steps to enable it.
- Windows 8.1 : On the lower left corner of the Start screen, choose the down arrow, select the printer’s name and then choose on Utilities.
- Windows 8 : Right choose on an empty area on the Start task bar and choose All Apps on the app bar. Now, select the printer’s name and choose on Utilities.
- Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 7 : Choose on Start from the desktop and choose on the following. All Programs -> HP -> Folder of your printer. After performing any of the above mentioned steps, select Manage Scan to Computer in the Scan section.
For Mac operating systems:
- Open HP Utitlity
- Choose Scan to Computer under Scan settings
- Select Enable Scan to Computer
SCAN TO EMAIL: Automatically send scanned photos and documents to one or more email addresses directly from the printer control panel.
Step 1: Prepare for the scan job
- Make sure that the printer is switched on and connected to your local wireless network with an active Internet connection. Select the Wireless icon on the HP Officejet 100 Setup control panel to check the connection status.
- Select the Web Services icon to confirm that Web Services is activated on your 123.hp.com/oj100 printer.
Step 2: Set up the Scan to Email profile
- On the printer control panel, select the Scan icon and then select Email.
- On the welcome screen, select Continue.
- Select inside the Email: box, type in your email address, and then select Done.
- Select Continue.
- A PIN is sent to the email address you entered. Select Continue.
- Select PIN, enter the PIN you received in your email, and then select Done.
- Select Store Email or Auto-login, depending on how you want the printer to store your login information.
Step 3: Load the photo or document
- Press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Load the picture or document.
Step 4: Scan the item
- Select your scan type and enter the email address you want to send the scan to.
- On the 123.hp.com/oj100 printer control panel, select the Scan icon and then select Email.
- On the control panel display, select the account that you want to use, and then select Continue.
- Select the name of the email profile that you created, enter the password if prompted, and then scan the item.
ENERY STAR certification is to indicate that your printer operates at optimum power rates, thus reducing energy consumption. Energy star certified printers conserve paper and ink, thereby reducing environmental impact, without compromising on the printer performance.
AUTO WIRELESS CONNECT
Quick and easy connection from your printer to the wireless network is possible by the built-in wireless technique. This also lets you send print easily from your computers or notebooks to the HP Officejet 100 Setup directly.
Officejet Pro printers, lets you print directly from your flash drives using they’re built in the USB drive. They also have ‘scan to e-mail’ facility, which lets you attach a document to mail directly from your 123.hp.com/oj100 printer’s touch screen.