Total Guide for 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 Printer
Setting Up HP Officejet Pro 8620 Printer for a Wired Network
- The Installation method given below is for wired network-capable models of 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printers. Make sure your printer model has an Ethernet cable and supports wired connections to a network.
- Make sure you choose the Wired Network or Ethernet option when prompted to choose a connection type during installation.
- Requirements: A network router switch or hub with available Ethernet ports is required if the router does not have any free ports. An Ethernet cable, a standard telephone cable must not be used. Connect the printer to the network: Switch ON the printer.
- Remove the plastic plug or the protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer. It is usually found near the power outlet. The Ethernet port is thus shaped.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer’s port and connect its other end to the router, switch or hub.
- The Ethernet cable is connected to the printer and the router, switch or hub. This HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup connection makes sure that the printer is found by the computer during the installation process.
- The printer must be Switched ON. If a USB cable is connected from the printer to the computer, then disconnect it.
- Go to HP website and Driver Downloads.
- If prompted, select a method to identify your printer’s model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.
- Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
How to Set Up OJPRO 8620 Wireless Connection for Windows 10?
- The instructions shown below can be used to manually update any driver software on your computer.
- Search for Device Manager on your computer and open it. Or go to Control Panel -> Device Manager All the drivers of the devices connected to your computer are listed here.
- Select the required driver, and right-click on it. You will get a drop down box, with an ‘Update Driver Software’ option. Select it. Now pick ‘Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software’.
- Follow the on screen instructions and install the updated driver. After the installation has completed, restart your computer.
- If you cannot connect to your printer even after this update, then the software has to be updated directly from the HP website.
- To install drivers from HP website: Switch on your printer. If you have connected your printer, to the computer via a USB cable, then disconnect it.
- Now from your Windows 10 computer, go to 123.hp.com/ojpro8620. Enter the printer model for which the drivers are to be installed, and click Begin. You will be redirected to the Download page. Click Download, and follow the on-screen instructions there on.
How to Setup HP OJPRO 8620 Wireless Network?
- Click the wireless button, which looks like an antenna with two blue curves on its either side.
- The blue light indicates it is ON. Now click the SETTINGS button Select Wireless Setup Wizard on this screen and
- Select YES and follow the on screen instructions.
- The printer detects all the networks available.
- Select your router name from the list. You will be prompted to enter your network password.
- If you do not know it, contact your Internet Service Provider. Follow the on screen instructions and confirm your connection to the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup wireless network.
How to Unbox HP OJPRO 8620 Printer?
- Before you can unbox the entire printer 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 package, it’s always safer to check if all the components are included in it.
- If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well. Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the color-coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place. Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP Officejet Pro printer. You can see a small control panel (the screen with click icons).
- This section controls the entire functioning of your printer whether it performs a single print function or multiple functions such as copying, scanning, etc.
- You can see a down arrow on the control panel, click on it. It asks your language preference. Go further down using the down arrow and select your language and tap ok.
- Next, it asks for country or region. Using the down arrow the same way you can select your region and tap ok.
How to Install Ink Cartridges on HP OJPRO 8620?
The various methods of connecting your printer to the network are given below.
- HP AUTO WIRELESS CONNECT: In this connection you are connecting your printer directly to the device.
- Compatible Devices: A system with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac Operating Systems.
- A system with a dynamic IP address and not a static one.
- A 2.4GHz connection, 11 b/g/n wireless router should be connected to your computer. HP does not support 5.0 GHz networks.
- On your device: Select the ’auto wireless connect’ icon and the connection is automatically established. Note: The internet connection on your device would be disabled while this connection is established.
- WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP (WPS): There are two methods to connect through WPS, Pushbutton and PIN.
- Pushbutton Connection: Check if your router and your HP printer have a pushbutton.
- If yes, then select WPS Pushbutton mode on your 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer and press the WPS button on the printer.
- Pin Connection: All WPS enabled routers have an eight-digit pin. Check your routers manual for it.
- Select WPS Pin setup on your printer’s control panel and enter this key.
- USB CONNECTION: You will have to connect a cable from your computer, to your HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup in this case. Check if the system detects your printer and connect.
Printer Functions for HP Officejet Pro 8620 Printer
HOW TO PRINT?
- Printing documents and photos on HP Officejet is an easy process. To attain desired results, users can go to Settings, and change requirements.
- To print a document of your choice, open the required document, and Click on File.
- Select Print from the drop-down list or press Ctrl +P.
- Users can change available settings and Click OK.
HOW TO COPY?
Insert the paper, print side facing downwards, in to the main input tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides in the tray such that they do not crush or bend the paper. Now reinsert the tray.
- Adjust the output tray extension by pulling it out, to suit the paper size you use.
- To copy a photo, use the scanner glass as the document feeder might ruin it. The photo should be placed face down on the scanner glass.
- From the printer control panel touch COPY and select the number of copies required.
- Select the copy color and start COPY.
- NOTE: For single sided or double sided copy, select the appropriate option from the printer front panel; after you select the number of pages.
HOW TO FAX?
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the printer’s adapter.
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your HP printer is connected.
- From the rear of the 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT. Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.
HOW TO SCAN?
SCAN TO A COMPUTER:
- Load the original document, print side down, into the ADF or, place it on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Select SCAN and select Computer.
- Select Document Type, to select the type of document you want to save.
- Select Start Scan.
How to enable the Scan to a computer feature?
- For Windows: Usually, the scan to computer feature is by default enabled. If the option is disabled, then follow the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup steps to enable it.
- Windows 8.1: On the lower left corner of the Start screen, choose the down arrow, select the 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer’s name and then choose on Utilities.
- Windows 8: Right choose on an empty area on the Start task bar and choose All Apps on the app bar. Now, select the printer’s name and choose on Utilities.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7: Choose on Start from the desktop and choose on the following. All Programs -> HP -> Folder of your printer.
- After performing any of the above mentioned steps, select Manage Scan to Computer in the Scan section.
For Mac operating systems:
- Open HP Utitlity
- Choose Scan to Computer under Scan settings
- Select Enable Scan to Computer
SCAN TO EMAIL:Automatically send scanned photos and documents to one or more email addresses directly from the printer control panel.
Step 1: Prepare for the scan job
- Make sure that the printer is switched on and connected to your local wireless network with an active Internet connection. Select the Wireless icon on the printer control panel to check the connection status.
- Select the Web Services icon to confirm that Web Services is activated on your printer.
Step 2: Set up the Scan to Email profile
- On the 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer control panel, select the Scan icon and then select Email.
- On the welcome screen, select Continue.
- Select inside the Email: box, type in your email address, and then select Done.
- Select Continue.
- A PIN is sent to the email address you entered. Select Continue.
- Select PIN, enter the PIN you received in your email, and then select Done.
- Select Store Email or Auto-login, depending on how you want the printer to store your login information.
Step 3: Load the photo or document
- Press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Load the picture or document:
Step 4: Scan the item
- Select your scan type and enter the email address you want to send the scan to.
- On the printer control panel, select the Scan icon and then select Email.
- On the control panel display, select the account that you want to use, and then select Continue.
- Select the name of the email profile that you created, enter the password if prompted, and then scan the item.
The Officejet Pro lets you establish a wired connection to the network. This connection is made through an Ethernet cable. You can connect your printing devices to the computers, securely with the built-in Ethernet ports.
ENERY STAR certification is to indicate that your printer operates at optimum power rates, thus reducing energy consumption. Energy star certified HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup conserve paper and ink, thereby reducing environmental impact, without compromising on the printer performance.
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a technology that lets you connect your NFC enabled smart phone to your printer directly. NFC lets you establish single click connection to your 123.hp.com/ojpro8620 printer, thus enabling easy setup and print.