Complete Guide to Setup 123.hp.com/envy5640 Printer
How to Set Up HP Envy 5640 Printer?
Setting Up the Printer:
- Remove the box and the safety packing from the box, and unwrap the tape and cover from around the 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer.
- Pull out the output tray and remove the packing materials from it.
- Adjust the paper guides in such a way, that it does not crush or bend the paper placed in the tray.
- Finally remove the packing material from the ink cartridge slots and install the ink cartridges.
- The setup manual that comes with your printer provides a detailed process from setting up to powering up your printer.
How to Install HP 5640 Driver?
After successfully connecting your printer to the wireless network, follow the steps below to start the printer driver installation. Have your USB cable handy and connect it when prompted during the installation.
Setup and driver installation:
- The software for HP Envy model Printer Driver is available at 123.hp.com/setup model.
- Enter your printer model on the search tab displayed and click Begin.
- After the download has completed, double click on the driver file downloaded and start the installation.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the process.
- Now return to 123.hp.com on your browser to complete your HP Envy 5640 Setup registration and activation.
How to Change HP Envy 5640 Printer scanner settings?
HP Envy 5640 scanner settings can be changed from the printer control panel, or from the computer.
- Open the HP software.
- Click the option Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the shortcut for scanning on the left of your scan dialogue box.
- Select the 123.hp.com/envy5640 preferences of your scan from this dialogue box. Some examples of preferences are listed below.
- Select Required Page Size: Letter, legal, 10×15 cm (4×6 inch) or custom
- Select the Color Mode: Color, black and white or grayscale
- Select the destination for your document: Local or email
- Resolution: 200 dpi, 300 dpi or 1200 dpi.
- OCR Language
- Destination: you could choose a specific default scan destination
- Click the Save Settings icon ( ) to save your settings
NOTE: When you save settings in the HP Scan software, the settings are automatically transferred to the printer control panel, provided the computer is connected to the HP Envy 5640 Setup.
How to Connect HP Envy 5640 Wireless Network?
Before setting up your 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer to a wireless network, make sure you have the following:
- A wireless network and a computer connected to it
- Your network name which is the SSID and the password
- A broadband Internet access
- A printer capable of wireless connection
- An USB cable
- On the printer control panel press the Wireless icon and select Wireless Printer Setup
- Scroll down and select your network name from the list displayed. If it is not displayed then enter it manually.
- If prompted with the WEP or WPA Key, enter it and press Done.
NOTE: The printer, router and the computer should all be switched on. The computer should be connected to the same wireless network as the printer. The printer should be placed near the computer during installation. Any USB or Ethernet cables should be disconnected from the printer.
Mobile Printing on HP Envy 5640 Printer
Connect your smartphone to the wireless network to which your 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer is connected.
- Install AirPrint from the Apple store.
- Open the document you want to print and click SHARE.
- Swipe down to find the print option and select it.
- Select the printer from the list and press PRINT.
- Download HP Print Service Plugin from Google Play and Install it.
- Open the photo or document to print, click the MENU icon and select PRINT.
- Choose your printer from the list of available printers.
- Set your Preferences and click PRINT.
- Open the file to be printed and select the DEVICES icon on the right side of the screen (swipe from right to left).Select the printer from the list. If you don’t see your printer on the list, click ADD and enter your HP Envy 5640 Setup details.
- Once your printer is added, select PRINT.
- Open the document you need and click the print icon.
- Select your printer from the list.
- Change the 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer settings as required and click PRINT.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your mobile and search for wireless networks.
- From the list of available networks click and connect to the one with your printer’s name on it.
- Note that, when this connection is established, your phone’s connection to the Internet would be disconnected. Another way to connect directly to your printer is through the HP ePrint app.
- Download the app from the App Store.
- Open the app and pick the file to be printed.
- Select your printer from the list of printers available to print (if any), and press print.
The simple and elaborate instruction manual walks you through the 123.hp.com/envy5640 unboxing, setup and installation of the drivers and software in no time.
With a price range from $50 to $150, the HP Envy offers a wide range of features at an affordable price.
Envy models are compact and sleek, that it fits perfectly in your study or desk at home or home office.
How to Install HP Envy 5640 Ink Cartridges?
Ink cartridge installation The ink cartridges for your printer are shipped along with it. Now follow the steps below for proper installation of these ink cartridges on your HP Envy 5640 Setup.
- Open the ink cartridge access door, by raising it until it locks into place.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its packing. Do not touch the black plastic on it.
- Now wait till the ink cartridge carrier on the printer is idle and silent
- Remove the plastic tape from the cartridge. Be careful not to touch the copper colored contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Lift up the lid on the ink cartridge slot. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides and press it forward until it snaps
- Repeat the previous 123.hp.com/envy5640 steps to install the other ink cartridge. Close the ink cartridge access door.
NOTE: The color ink cartridge should be on the left, and the black ink cartridge on the right.