How to Setup 123.hp.com/dj5085 Printer?
You have powered up your 123.hp.com/dj5085 printer, and switched on your computer. You are trying to send pages to print, but you can’t find your printer on the list, or you don’t know how to? Read on. Connecting the printer to the computer is the key here. The HP Deskjet model printer software helps you connect and control the printer from the computer. The very first step is to check if you are given an installation CD, with your printer. If yes, then insert the CD in the CD drive and follow the on-screen instructions. If you don’t find a CD or if you get a message that the software is outdated, then:
- Go to 123.hp.com/deskjet model and download the printer drivers.
- After the download is complete, click on the downloaded file and select RUN.
- Select the region and language if prompted, and click on the Install button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and check ‘Accept the installation agreements and settings’ and click NEXT.
- The HP Deskjet 5085 Setup software installation process begins now.
How to Setup a HP deskjet 5085 Printer
Before you can un-box the entire printer package, it’s always safer to check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the 123.hp.com/dj5085 printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- If you lift the scanner lid you’ll see few more packaging materials surrounding it. Remove them as well.
- Now close the scanner back to its place.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the color-coded ink box in a few minutes. Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP Deskjet 5085 Setup.
- You can see a small control panel (a screen with touch icons). This section controls the entire functioning of your printer whether it performs a single print function or multiple functions such as copying, scanning, etc.
- You can see a down arrow on the control panel, click on it. It asks your language preference. Go further down using the down arrow and select your language and tap ok.
- Next it asks for country or region. Select your region and tap ok.