Instant Guide 123.hp.com/dj5810 for Printer Setup
You have powered up your 123.hp.com/dj5810 printer and switched on your computer. You are trying to send pages to print, but you can’t find your printer on the list, or you don’t know how to? Read on. Connecting the printer to the computer is the key here. The HP Deskjet model printer software helps you connect and control the printer from the computer. The very first step is to check if you are given an installation CD, with your printer. If yes, then insert the CD in the CD drive and follow the on-screen instructions. If you don’t find a CD or if you get a message that the software is outdated, then:
- Go to 123.hp.com/deskjet model and download the printer drivers.
- After the download is complete, click on the downloaded file and select RUN.
- Select the region and language if prompted, and click on the Install button.
- Follow the on screen HP Deskjet 5810 Printer instructions and check ‘Accept the installation agreements and settings’ and click NEXT.
- The software installation process begins now.
123 HP DESKjET 5810 SETUP
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP: Before you can unbox the entire 123.hp.com/dj5810 printer package, it’s always safer to check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- If you lift the scanner lid you’ll see few more packaging materials surrounding it. Remove them as well.
- Now close the scanner back to its place.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the color coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP Deskjet printer.
- You can see a small control panel (screen with touch icons). This section controls the entire functioning of your printer whether it performs a single print function or multiple functions such as copying, scanning, etc.
- You can see a down arrow on the control panel, click on it. It asks your language preference. Go further down using the down arrow and select your language and tap ok.
- Next it asks for country or region. Select your region and tap ok.
INK CARTRIDGE INSTALLATION:
- Take out the 123.hp.com/dj5810 ink cartridges that you got along with the package.
- Open the ink cartridge door.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from its pack and remove the tapes. Make sure you don’t touch the copper-colored ink nozzles.
- Raise the ink cartridge lid and place the ink cartridge inside it. Place ink box inside such that the ink nozzle faces the printer. Once it’s done close the lid.
PAPER TRAY ALIGNMENT:
- Pull out the paper tray and paper tray extender.
- You can view a small paper edge slider on the paper tray.
- Take a paper and place it inside the paper tray by adjusting the paper sliders on both sides.
- Once the papers are placed properly inside the tray, close the tray.
SCANNER AND INK CARTRIDGE:
- Lift the scanner glass. And place a paper on it. Place it such that the side of the paper to be printed should face the scanner glass.
- Once you’re done lower the scanner lid back to its place.
- Once the paper is aligned right in its place. Tap okay on the control panel.
- The printer automatically aligns the ink cartridge to its place.
- You’re done with the HP Deskjet 5810 Printer. Do not connect the computer to the 123.hp.com/dj5810 printer yet. You can download and install the printer software on your PC.