Instructions for 123.hp.com/envy6255 Printer Setup
- HP Envy Photo 6255 supports wireless direct printing. Set up your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer to connect with your wireless devices by following the below-mentioned instructions.
- To start with, the driver that was installed had been to a specified connectivity mode. It is very important that the driver is set to Wireless and not Bluetooth nor USB.
- The driver will install with wireless connectivity settings. Since the printer supports wireless direct, there is no need to depend on a wireless router. The printer and the device can connect directly.
- The printer can be connected to wireless direct without the use of a computer. All you need to do is vary the settings in the printer’s control panel to get it going.
- Turn on wireless direct from the Control Panel. Turn on Wi-Fi on your mobile device and attempt connecting with the printer. Provide wireless network’s password when prompted.
- Understand that the latest version of HP Envy 6255 Setup driver software needs to be installed for flawless connectivity. The printer can now be made to take print orders from the mobile device.
- All you have to do is, open the document that needs to be printed, click on the print icon and choose the number of copies. Choose between printing on single vs printing on both sides.
- The disadvantage of connecting your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer to the mobile device using wireless direct is that your mobile device cannot be connected to the internet simultaneously.
- This issue is not found in regular wireless connected which the printer is capable of, however, this requires a router and both your devices need to be connected to the same local network.
- There are various applications that are specifically developed to assist with printing on an 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer. These applications are available free of cost. AirPrint, Mopria, Cloud Print are to name a few.
Printer driver and manual download procedures
- The printer driver is the main software that helps in connecting the printer to your computer.
- It is imperative that the highest priority is given to the driver software.
- Without the driver software, there is nothing that the printer can do.
- That being said there are two ways the driver software can be installed on your computer.
- One is to download it, the other is to install it from the disc that is provided with the box package.
- To download the driver software, click on the provided link to the website.
- This will take to a page where you will be asked to enter your printer model.
- Understand that although the driver is the most important software for the printer, these are custom designed for each and every printer.
- If you happen to download the wrong driver software for your printer, it will not work and you will have to repeat the process until the right software is downloaded.
- You printer model can be found on the package box.
- If not, look around your printer including the bottom to find a white label containing the required details.
How to Fix Common Printer Function Issues for HP 6255?
How to print on HP Envy 6255?
- Printing issues are caused by a number of errors. When there is an 123.hp.com/envy6255 issue, printing halts and all other print jobs in the HP Envy 6255 Setup queue are paused until this gets fixed.
- It could be possible that printing has come to a halt due to a paper jam. This could occur by using crumpled or crushed papers. These papers get stuck in the paper tray or in one of the rollers.
- While using wireless printing from a mobile device, if the device happens to be placed further away from the 123.hp.com printer, due to poor signal, printing might get halted.
- Printer running out of ink is always an issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Always make sure to have a spare ink cartridge ready to prevent uninterrupted printing.
How to copy on HP 6255?
- Once your printing issues are taken care of, there should be little to worry about while performing copy functions with your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer. as a copy is essentially printing at large.
- Frequent copy issues are settings related. Make sure that the paper inserted for copying and the paper size mentioned on the settings page are the same. All printers can recognize only one paper size at a time.
- Clean the scanner as using unclean paper will result in dust and foreign accumulation in the scanner’s rollers. They need to be cleaned to prevent paper stuck issues.
- Make sure to specify between single sided and double sided copy. With the automatic two-sided printing, there should be no manual intervention.
HOW TO SCAN ON HP ENVY 6255?
- Scanning issues can be avoided by properly following the HP Envy 6255 Setup scan procedure mentioned in the user guide. Place the document to be scanned face down on the scan glass.
- Avoid scratching the scan glass as it made lead to an unwanted drop in the clarity of the scanned document. Make sure to align the document to the bottom left of the scan glass.
- Scan setting can be changed. Available parameters such as scan speed, scan quality can be modified. There are a lot of software that helps in diagnosing the problems.
- HP scan doctor, HP Printer Assistant, 123.hp.com/envy6255 Solution center are some of the leading software that assists in narrowing down the issue. They perform a thorough scan on the computer and eliminate software issues if any.