Full Setup Guidance for 123.hp.com/dj4620 Printer
You have powered up your 123.hp.com/dj4620 printer and switched on your computer. You are trying to send pages to print, but you can’t find your printer on the list, or you don’t know how to? Read on. Connecting the printer to the computer is the key here. The HP Deskjet model printer software helps you connect and control the printer from the computer. The very first step is to check if you are given an installation CD, with your printer. If yes, then insert the CD in the CD drive and follow the on screen instructions. If you don’t find a CD or if you get a message that the software is outdated, then:
- Go to 123.hp.com/deskjet model and download the printer drivers.
- Afterthe download is complete, click on the downloaded file and select RUN.
- Select the region and language if prompted, and click on the Install button.
- Follow the on screen instructions and check ‘Accept the installation agreements and settings’ and click NEXT.
- The software installation process begins now.
Setup your HP DJ 4620 Printer
- Deskjet 4620 First time Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 4620 Driver installation
- HP Deskjet 4620 Ink cartridge Installation
- 123 HP Deskjet 4620 Print Setup
- Deskjet 4620 Copy Setup
- Deskjet 4620 Scan setup
- Deskjet 4620 Fax setup
- 123 HP Deskjet 4620 Wireless Setup
- Deskjet 4620 Wireless Protected Setup
- HP Deskjet 4620 Airprint Setup
- Deskjet 4620 ePrint Setup solutions
- Deskjet 4620 Google Cloud Print Setup
- HP Deskjet 4620 Mobile Print Setup
Troubleshooting your HP 4620 Printer
- Difficulty in configuring ePrint or iPrint
- Printer Installation or Printer Setup
- Frequent Paper Jams, Ink Cartridge Jam
- Corrupted or Outdated Print drivers
- Paper Jam in spooling area, Print spooler error
- Very low printing speed
- Paper feeder picks up multiple papers
- Paper mismatch error
- Printer driver not installed properly
- Computer hangs while using a printer
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP GUIDE FOR HP 4620 PRINTER
Before you can un-box the entire printer package, it’s always safer to check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the 123.hp.com/dj4620 printer.
- If you lift the scanner lid you’ll see few more packaging materials surrounding it. Remove them as well.
- Now close the scanner back to its place.
- Open the printer and you’llsee an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining HP Deskjet 4620 Printer packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the color coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP Deskjet printer.
- You can see a small control panel (the screen with touch icons). This section controls the entire functioning of your printer whether it performs a single print function or multiple functions such as copying, scanning, etc.
- You can see a down arrow on the control panel, click on it. It asks your language preference. Go further down using the down arrow and select your language and tap ok.
- Next it asks forcountry or region. Select your region and tap ok.
DOWNLOAD THE THE UPDATED HP 4620 PRINTER DRIVER & MANUAL
HOW TO SETUP HP DESKjET 4620 WIRELESS CONNECTION?
The 123.hp.com/dj4620printer can connect to the network only wirelessly, as this model of Deskjet has no Ethernet port. The procedure to connect your printer to a wireless network is given below.
What you’ll need?
- Printer switched on and running.
- A Printer configuration page.
- Network SSID and Password.
- Latest HP Deskjet 4620 Printer software, which can be downloaded from here (redirect to drivers page).
Setting Up HP Deskjet 4620 Wireless Connection for Windows
From the Printer panel:
- Power up your printer.
- Tap on the Wireless icon to turn it ON. The light indicator would confirm this.
- Now on the printer display click on the setup icon.
- From the network menu select the wireless setup wizard.
- Select your wireless network and enter the password.
- After your printer connects to this network print a test document to confirm.
Setting Up HP Deskjet 4620 Wireless Connection for Mac
- Press on the Wireless icon on the printer front panel to switch it on.
- On your Mac, on the airport bar, click on HP SETUP.
- Now on your printer select Settings -> Print Report -> Network Configuration and print it.
- Now on your printer select Settings -> Print Report -> Network Configuration and print it.
- This page has the Network SSID and the printers connected to the 123.hp.com/dj4620 network.
- Note the IP address from this and the Network Name is HP Setup which is the SSID.Now open Safari and type in the IP address.
- The page that loads is called the Embedded web server which are actually pages on the printer.
- Click on the Networking tab and click Wireless.
- In this tab you can select Wired or Wireless, depending on your HP Deskjet 4620 Printer.
- Select Wireless and type in your SSID in the Advanced tab.
- In Infrastructure select Web Encryption and type in your Password and click Apply.
- Now print out another Network Configuration page (procedure same as above) and note down the SSID.
- On your Mac, go to the device Manager -> Information and Settings -> Setup and follow through the on screen instructions and complete the setup.
iNSTALLING HP DESKJET 4620 INK CARTRIDGES
INK CARTRIDGE INSTALLATION
- Take out the 123.hp.com/dj4620 ink cartridges that you got along with the package.
- Open the ink cartridge door.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from its pack and remove the tapes. Make sure you don’t touch the copper-colored ink nozzles.
- Raise the ink cartridge lid and place the ink cartridge inside it. Place ink box inside such that the ink nozzle faces the HP printer. Once it’s done close the lid.
SCANNER AND INK CARTRIDGE
- Lift the scanner glass. And place a paper on it. Place it such that the side of the HP Deskjet 4620 Printer paper to be printed should face the scanner glass.
- Once you’re done lower the scanner lid back to its place.
- Once the paper is aligned right in its place. Tap okay on the control panel.
- The printer automatically aligns the ink cartridge to its place.
- You’re done with the HP Deskjet printer setup. Do not connect the computer to the printer yet. You can download and install the printer software on your PC.
HP DESKjET 4620 PRINTER SETTINGS
Print using the two-sided printing accessory:
HP Deskjet comes with a two sided printing accessory that helps you print on both sides of the paper automatically. Without this accessory, you have to manually change the paper.
- Switch OFF the printer.
- There’s an access door behind the printer’s body, remove it.
- Insert the two-sided printing accessory and snap it into place.
- Switch ON the printer.
Configuring your Windows system:
- The printing accessory can be automatically enabled during the 123.hp.com/dj4620 printer software installation. During the installation process select YES when prompted ‘Do you have a two sided printing module’?
- Another method of enabling this accessory is through the Taskbar.
- Right-click on the printer icon in the Taskbar, and select Services.
- Click Service this device button.
- Select the Configuration tab and click Automatic Two-Sided Printing Module. Click APPLY.
Print using the two-sided accessory:
- Close the rear access door on the printer after the printing accessory is installed.
- For Deskjet 5100, 5600 and 5850 series.
- Open the file to be printed.
- Click File and Print.
- Open the Properties box and select Finishing tab.
- Check the box next to Print on both sides.
- Change the HP Deskjet 4620 Printer other settings as required and click OK.
PAPER TRAY ALIGNMENT:
- Pull out the paper tray and paper tray extender.
- You can view a small paper edge slider on the paper tray.
- Take a paper and place it inside the paper tray by adjusting the paper sliders on both sides.
- Once the papers are placed properly inside the tray, close the tray.
TROUBLESHOOTING HP DJ 4620 PRINTER
What are the types of Windows 10 drivers, available?
An array of driver software is made available by Windows and HP, from which you can choose depending on the printer model. The 123.hp.com/dj4620 driver downloads available from HP are:
- Full featured Driver Download.
- Basic Driver Download.
The Basic driver is smaller in size and can be quickly downloaded. But, it is recommended to download the Full Feature Driver, as in a multi-function printer, the basic driver does not support, scan, copy and fax functions.
Why can’t I print even after upgrading?
- HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool, provided by HP that troubleshoots and resolves printing and scanning problems. Download and run it. Now check if you can print. If the problem still exists go to step 2.
- Make the printer your default device. Sometimes you may be sending the documents to another printer in the same network.
- If making the required printer as default doesn’t solve your issue then uninstall the HP Deskjet 4620 Printer printer driver and software.
- Reinstall the driver and software.
- Restart the computer and printer. Send a test document to print.
Why can’t I scan my document?
- The troubleshooting procedure for scan is same as print. Follow the above steps and then scan a document to test.
- If you cannot scan but print, then use one of the apps listed below in your computer or mobile device.
- HP Scan and Capture App: This is a free app available in the Microsoft Store that lets you scan photos or documents.
- Windows Scan App: This is a pre-installed app in Windows that can be used to scan from most of the 123.hp.com/dj4620 printers.